UNHCR’s strategy to achieve the ambitious goal of this campaign sets out key
actions that states must take to address statelessness. These actions include:
- Resolving major situations of statelessness through law and policy re-forms, accompanied by citizenship campaigns;
- Ensuring that no child is born stateless;
- Preventing deprivation of nationality on the basis of discrimination;
- Removing gender discrimination in nationality laws;
- Granting protection status to stateless migrants; and
- Issuing nationality identification documentation to those with entitlements to it.